While I was in Montana the Zerbes and I drove down to Wyoming to go hiking in the Big Horn mountains. It was so beautiful hiking up there! Thankfully we did not see any mountain "wions" like Ben insisted he saw, but we did see a female moose and her baby. They were a safe distance away, but the mother looked pretty nervous and we tried to act nonchalant and uninterested in what they were doing while I was snapping pictures with Rachel's camera.
Ben and I went on a little hike further down the trail while Rachel, Dwight and Oliver rested in a little meadow. Ben would run on the trail then stop suddenly, look up toward the big boulders on our right and say "Wion"! After doing this several times I was getting a little nervous looking at the boulders and thinking that it is very possible there were mountain lions that lived up there. I finally convinced Ben that we needed to turn around and when he was safely in my arms he shook his arm at the boulders and yelled, "Go away, wion, go away"! That's exactly what I want to say when the worldly lions try to attack....go away, wion, go away!
Aw..that's such a cute story! I would get a little freaked out too, I think! Wonder if he really saw one or not...
ReplyDelete