Friday, August 6, 2010

An Unexpected Trip

Sophia

Natalie



Ten days ago a coworker was talking about her move home to Chicago and how she was wishing for a traveling companion for exactly the days that I had off! So in a matter of 24 hours I went from not knowing what to do with my eight days off to planning a trip to Iowa with an overnight visit at my sister's on the way! It was a busy trip, but I had so much fun visiting friends and relaxing with family! I love the unexpected surprises that show up!

I enjoy living in a city with everything at my fingertips. While I was home I enjoyed the small town/country life where everything moves at a much slower pace, but it is so much fun to walk down the street and see friends and family. I went to West Bend several days to have lunch with my sister and sister-in-law and nieces. We walked down to The Villager where they serve old fashioned sodas and ice cream. Ethel, who has worked there for many years, asked if I was the oldest Fuerstenau girl. "I'm your babysitter" she said. Fun times in small town USA!



1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you came Sarah! It was great to see you and catch up a bit on news. Your twin nieces are beautiful little girls. And when is your book on children coming out? :-)

    ReplyDelete