Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, Fresh Start, No Mistakes...Yet

Growing up I always liked the early morning hours, the beginning of the week, the first of the month and of course the first day of a new year. There was something fresh, invigorating and hopeful to start a day, month or year. I loved the line from Anne of Green Gables, "Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it...yet". As I've gotten older I haven't appreciated the "firsts" like I used to. I have become a bit indifferent. So my New Year's Resolution for 2011 is for a new appreciation of the "firsts" starting with today...the first day of a new year! I added a couple of other resolutions as well to make it a list. :) I do love a good list! Happy 2011!!

1 comment:

  1. I think of Anne's comment often as well! :) Happy New Year to you, too!!

    ReplyDelete