It is a lovely night at work (I won't mention the "Q" word here), but I am oh, so tired! This is an effort to keep my mind alert and body awake for another four hours. I will be starting my new DAY job in July! (Can you hear the excitement in the all caps day?) It will be a Monday thru Friday, 8am-5pm job in an outpatient clinic. The patients I will see will be dressed in their civies and require everything from a quick little lab draw to an all day IV infusion. I love seeing "healthy" patients in and out of the clinic. I am even more excitied that I don't have to force myself to stay awake all night. I understand why that could be a method of torture.
One of the things I love about night shifts is the staff I get to work with. Tonight I am working with a lovely woman who is orginally from France. She has lived in the US for several years now. She has such a quiet, calm personality and we have had several lovely night shifts together talking about living in San Francisco, French vs. American education and food. That has made the night much more pleasant.
Well, I should get back to patient care.
No comments:
Post a Comment